- Journal Article
What are the likely changes in mercury concentration in the Arctic atmosphere and ocean under future emissions scenarios?
836, 155477 (doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.155477)
• Arctic mercury concentrations respond to changes in emissions and environmental change.
• Modeling shows rapid mercury deposition decline with aggressive reduction measures.
- • Delaying action will limit the impact of mercury emission reduction measures.
- • Until 2050, mercury emissions influence ocean mercury concentrations more than environmental change scenarios.
- • There is a need for prompt and ambitious action to reduce mercury concentrations in the Arctic.
Posted to public:
Monday, November 28, 2022 - 15:26