The work of the Program also appears in publications other than journals, books, and Program Reports. Other outlets include working papers, popular press articles, opinion editorials, and the following:
- Energy and Climate Outlooks use the MIT IGSM to report on the world's current development path and to determine the associated energy, climate, atmosphere, ocean and land-use implications.
- Global Changes, our tri-annual members' newsletter, reporting research results, news and events, and staff updates at the Joint Program and related MIT organizations.
- Technical Notes provide documentation of technical details of Program models and supporting data sets and analysis, both for our own use and for other researchers who may wish to recreate or update the work.
- Student Theses include Doctoral dissertations and Master's thesis that document work by graduate students who participated in Joint Program research projects.
- Congressional Testimonies document invited presentations by Program personnel to Senate and Congressional committees, as entered into the U.S. Congressional Record.
- Conference Proceedings include abstracts of papers and posters presented at professional conferences and workshops.
- Climate Policy Notes present summaries of important topics.